Project Controls encompasses the people, processes and tools used to plan, manage and mitigate cost and schedule issues and any potential risk that may impact a project. This includes data gathering, management and analytical processes used to predict, understand and constructively influence the time and cost outcomes of a project. Usually, project controls will include:
- Scheduling including development, updating and maintenance;
- Cost estimation, cost engineering/control and value engineering;
- Risk management, including maintaining the risk register and risk analysis/assessment;
- Document control.
Project Controls services that CEI provides include: cost estimating, change order evaluations, claims review and VE services as well as independent cost estimates and scheduling for local public agencies and departments of transportation. Our staff has expertise in steering construction projects from concept to completion, based on a thorough knowledge of cost estimating, project planning and scheduling, contract administration, and cross-disciplinary communication. Our Project Controls professionals understand the complexities of managing cost, schedule, and resources and offer solutions to mitigate risk and yield the maximum value for clients’ investments. We utilize cost estimating software programs including HCSS and WinBid. We are also familiar with other widespread programs such as Hard Dollar, Paydirt and Bid2win.
- CEI also provides scheduling services for multiple public and private agencies. Our scheduling staff has a thorough knowledge of scheduling software such as Primavera Project Planner, including P6 Enterprise Version, Pertmaster, SureTrak, Microsoft Project, and others. P6 is most often used by CEI; however, we are flexible and can use whatever software is required by the client.
- CEI has established procedures for the development and review of construction schedules during the project design and construction processes. These procedures are a proactive approach to the identification and resolution of issues that may impact the timely completion of projects. Implementing an effective project controls system has a vital effect on project performance.